Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.

From: Jayashankar K B <Jayashankar(dot)KB(at)lnties(dot)com>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.
Date: 2012-01-27 18:30:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Heikki Linnakangas: We are using series of Insert statements to insert the records into database.
Sending data in binary is not an option as the module that writes into DB has been finalized.
We do not have control over that.

Hi Andy: As of now, there are no triggers in the table.

Please let me know how we can proceed. On the net I couldn't get hold of any good example where Postgres has been used on limited Hardware system.
We are starting to feel if Postgres was a good choice for us..!

Thanks and Regards
Jay