Re: checking on bug #5917

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Woodworth <jimw54321(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: checking on bug #5917
Date: 2011-03-25 16:16:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Jim Woodworth <jimw54321(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Recently I had trouble compiling from source on Fedora Core 14.  The
> configure script was not finding libreadline.so nor libz.so.  Is there more
> information I can provide?  Over the weekend, I will make another attempt to
> try and understand why configure does not see these libraries.

I don't recall seeing such a bug, but the first question is whether you
installed readline-devel and zlib-devel packages.  Consulting the
specfile for the Fedora PG package shows you may also need many of these:

BuildRequires: perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker) glibc-devel bison flex gawk
BuildRequires: perl(ExtUtils::Embed), perl-devel
BuildRequires: python-devel
BuildRequires: tcl
BuildRequires: tcl-devel
BuildRequires: readline-devel
BuildRequires: zlib-devel
BuildRequires: openssl-devel
BuildRequires: krb5-devel
BuildRequires: openldap-devel
BuildRequires: gettext
BuildRequires: uuid-devel
BuildRequires: libxml2-devel libxslt-devel
BuildRequires: pam-devel
BuildRequires: systemtap-sdt-devel