Re[2]: [INTERFACES] JDBC driver/applet question

From: Piotr Stelmaszyk <kelman(at)fanthom(dot)math(dot)put(dot)poznan(dot)pl>
To: PgSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re[2]: [INTERFACES] JDBC driver/applet question
Date: 1999-07-19 12:55:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Monday, July 19, 1999, 1:09:28 PM, you wrote:

HM> Not really... Even if the code sits elsewhere, in order for the CPU to run
HM> it it has to get the instructions somehow... That is, the download is quite
HM> essential. At best, you could see which parts of the package are not used
HM> by your particular applet, and remove these from the jar.
What is the copyright status of postgresql.jar. Is it legal to modify
it? I'm participant of internet GIS project written in java using
postgres JDBC driver. It's three-tier application, so serwer
communicates with database using JDBC and applet communicates with
serwer via RMI. My problem is that applet uses geometric types from
driver and as for copyrights I had to include whole jar into applet
archive tag.

So my question is:
Can I remove unrequired files from postgresql.jar?
or
Can i copy required files (package postgresql.geometric.*) into my
igis.jar?

best regards
/piotr

/- Piotr Stelmaszyk |- Student of Software Engineering --/
/------------------ | at Poznan University of Technology /
/----- mailto:kelman(at)fanthom(dot)math(dot)put(dot)poznan(dot)pl ---------/
/----- mailto:kelman(at)alpha(dot)net(dot)pl -----------------------/