Re: [HACKERS] alpha/64bit weirdness

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] alpha/64bit weirdness
Date: 1998-03-05 02:28:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Why would the atttypmod affect anything before it in the struct? I
have verified that everything is shifted over for bytes, but that
would lead be to beleive that somewhere the length of the first
attribute (Oid) is being miscalculated? Where would the code write to
this data structure without using a pointer to actual struct for
obtaining the correct memory structure? I checked for offsetof macro
calls that might cause this effect, to no avail..

We're a lot closer, though.. right?