Re: Doc patch, put RAISE USING keywords into a table

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc patch, put RAISE USING keywords into a table
Date: 2012-11-19 14:50:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/17/2012 12:16:06 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I'm unsure whether splitting this out into a list (or table) is an
> improvement. Other opinions?
>
> This page is written as a narrative explanation of the RAISE feature,
> but there is probably a desire to also have it serve as a reference
> page
> in the style of the SQL command reference pages.

Yes. I do want to be able to scan the page quickly
to pick out the keywords and their use. There is no reference page.

FWIW

There are lists and tables in narrative parts of the documentation.
The very next section, (PL/pgSQL) Trigger Procedures has a variablelist
of special variables and The SQL Language top-level chapter, which
claims to be narrative, has many tables.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein