Re: Missing directory when building 8.2.3-base

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing directory when building 8.2.3-base
Date: 2007-02-12 21:34:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jeroen T. Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> I built the "-base" version of 8.2.3 today, for installation at a company
> I'm helping out.

There is no "-base version". The split tarballs are a convenience for
downloading over slow lines; it is not intended that you can build after
downloading just some of them.

It's been suggested repeatedly that we get rid of the split tarballs
because they confuse people, and hardly anyone these days has a line
slow enough that it's really important to be able to segment the download.