getNotifications

From: kfan <kfan(dot)b1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getNotifications
Date: 2012-08-17 15:30:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm a newbie to postgreSQL so please forgive my ignorance.  I am able to
write code that connects/updates a database. I copied a simple Notify/Listen
example and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why the
getNotifications() method for the PGConnection class is undefined?  All the
examples use it and the docs say its available after version 7.3 or so.
I've installed PostgreSQL 9.1.4, and link to postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar in
my project.  What piece am I missing?