moving from oracle to postgresql

From: fachhoch <fachhoch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: moving from oracle to postgresql
Date: 2012-08-01 14:27:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
We are planning on moving to postgresql from oracle due to high oracle cost.
Our application uses jdbc , hibernate , moving over to postgresql will it be
lot of changes or should work with minimal changes?
I am all new to postgresql.Porting  jdbc, hibernate app to postgresql from
oracle how big   can be the migration ?please advice.