Re: More information about the selected objects

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More information about the selected objects
Date: 2012-07-14 14:06:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 10:59 -0300, Vinicius Santos wrote:
> Forwarding, sorry.
>
> 2012/7/14 Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
> I see some value on it, but I don't like the arrow.
>

> Any suggestions?
> I could put the point rather than the arrow or other
> something. What do you think?

Not sure I like the point either. We don't have that notation on
PostgreSQL. I think I would prefer something like "Retrieving details on
table schema.table" and not say the database. Because if you add the
database, someone will probably want also the server. It may not be
usefull to you, but it'll come at some point. And that's quite a lot of
informations.

Probably we could add some status boxes in the status bar. For exemple,
a box with a "user(at)database (server)" (with a lock icon if you use SSL
for example. Just a thought.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info