Re: Issues with IN-OUT parameters for Array of Objects in EDB using Java

From: jonykapil <jony(dot)kapil(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with IN-OUT parameters for Array of Objects in EDB using Java
Date: 2012-05-15 05:52:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi, This is my first post on the forum. Hope, I'll get a resolution to my
problem.

We are in process of migration from Oracle 10g to Postgres9.1 Advance
Server. The stored procedures/functions from Oracle have some parameters
registered as Out parameters. Now, when we call it from Java, an exception
thrown -:

*org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Malformed function or procedure escape
syntax at offset 9.*

The signature of Postgres Function is as ::

*sfblprdbilldate(IN p_billdate numeric, IN p_cutoffday numeric, IN
p_billfreq character varying, IN p_givendate timestamp without time zone,
OUT po_startdate timestamp without time zone, OUT po_end_date timestamp
without time zone)*

Java code for calling this function is as follows ::

  *strSql="{? = call(SFBLPRDBILLDATE(?,?,?,?,?,?))}";

                   objCstmt = objConn.prepareCall(strSql);
                   objCstmt.registerOutParameter(1,Types.VARCHAR);
                   objCstmt.setInt(2,iBillDay);
                   objCstmt.setInt(3,iBillDay);
                   objCstmt.setString(4,strBillFrequency);
                   objCstmt.setDate(5,dtSysDate);
                   objCstmt.registerOutParameter(6,Types.DATE);
                   objCstmt.registerOutParameter(7,Types.DATE);
                   objCstmt.execute();
                   strBillPeriod = objCstmt.getString(1);
                   dtStartDate   = objCstmt.getDate(6);*Anybody, who has
resolved this sort of issue, please help me as this is in numbers in our
code and we are looking for a solutuin to this problem.

Thanks
Jony.