Re: WHERE clause with 40+ conditions

From: DrYSG <ygutfreund(at)draper(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WHERE clause with 40+ conditions
Date: 2012-05-07 14:22:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
My issue is I am also not a DB guy, but a software guy.

So while I appreciate the idea of a 40 bit field, that I would use as a mask
to test against the query (an AND would do very nicely). I wonder if this
would work well in a DB with 20M+ records in the table.

The other fields (type, producer, etc.) are indexed as a B-Tree, but if one
indexed this field, it is not clear to me if the DB planner would do an
effective search. (that is what I do not know).

Sent from the PostgreSQL - novice mailing list archive at