Re: 1.16 beta 1 ?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 1.16 beta 1 ?
Date: 2012-05-07 08:29:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 09:11 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> On Monday, May 7, 2012, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> > Given that it's self contained, and we *do* expect it to get in
> > eventually, how many places would you have to put #ifdef's in to
> leave
> > the code in the main branch and just not have it build there?

Not much. It would be quite easy to do.

> If Guillaume is going to continue to work on the feature, I'd be happy
> with #ifdef's and a configure switch to enable that code.

I want to continue the work on it. But to be completely honest, it isn't
my priority. My priority is to get new releases of pgAdmin with the
biggest support of the new PostgreSQL features.

I'll work on a patch with the ifdef's. It'll be much less work.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info