Re: How can I keep an OdbcDataAdapter from using fully qualified tble names?

From: Rob Richardson <interrobang(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Barry Bell <Barry_Bell(at)harte-hanks(dot)com>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I keep an OdbcDataAdapter from using fully qualified tble names?
Date: 2012-04-25 14:52:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The issue is that ADO.Net's OdbcDataAdapter object automatically expands the
table name "MyTable" into "MyDatabase.public.MyTable", and PostgreSQL cannot
handle that.

In PgAdmin, "insert into cycle (cycle) values ('Another cycle')" succeeds, but
"insert into Anneal.public.cycle (cycle) values ('Another one')" fails with the
cross-database references not implemented error. The OdbcDataAdapter object
automatically converts a query of the first form into a query of the second
form, and I want to know how to stop it from doing that.

RobR