Re: Direct debug dialog hangs in OnSize()

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Direct debug dialog hangs in OnSize()
Date: 2012-04-20 08:52:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:47 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 09:21 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> > <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > > And now that I've updated my local repository, here's a third version that
> > > actually applies. (just my working copy didn't fix the issue)
> >
> > With this change, the dialogue no longer meets our design standard.
> >
> > Please see,
> > which should be the standard for all new/updated dialogues, except in
> > exceptional circumstances (with justification).
> >
> I worked a bit on Heikki's patch yesterday evening and this morning. It
> seems pgAdmin hangs when I want to debug functions with parameters. If
> my function doesn't have any parameter, it works well.
> IOW, it hangs when we call Show on the dlgDirectDeg dialog.
> I don't understand why though. The XRC file seems good to me.

I took a look at the thread Heikki mentionned in his first mail. One of
the issue he had was fixed by setting the size of the COL_NAME column.
We don't do that if we have to show the dialog. So I added the same
statement, and it works now. Kinda puzzling, but it works. And we still
meet our design standard. See attached patch.

Heikki, is this patch working for you?