Re: Direct debug dialog hangs in OnSize()

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Direct debug dialog hangs in OnSize()
Date: 2012-04-20 08:47:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 09:21 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> > And now that I've updated my local repository, here's a third version that
> > actually applies. (just my working copy didn't fix the issue)
>
> With this change, the dialogue no longer meets our design standard.
>
> Please see http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgAdmin_Internals#Property_page_dialogue_layout,
> which should be the standard for all new/updated dialogues, except in
> exceptional circumstances (with justification).

I worked a bit on Heikki's patch yesterday evening and this morning. It
seems pgAdmin hangs when I want to debug functions with parameters. If
my function doesn't have any parameter, it works well.

IOW, it hangs when we call Show on the dlgDirectDeg dialog.

I don't understand why though. The XRC file seems good to me.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info