Weird code in pgDomain.cpp

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Weird code in pgDomain.cpp
Date: 2012-04-08 08:44:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I was trying to fix a bug on dlgDomain, and I found this code (in
pgadmin/schema/pgDomain.cpp):

wxString conname = set->GetVal(wxT("conname"));
if (!conname.StartsWith(wxT("$")))
check += wxT("CONSTRAINT ") + qtIdent(conname) + wxT(" ");

I'm wondering why we look for a dollar sign in the first character of a
check constraint in a domain. It means nothing to me. Could it be some
GreenPlum or EnterpriseDB specific code? or is it something else?

I'm also wondering if we could drop this code. Doesn't seem to do much,
and doesn't help us with modifying a check constraint in a domain.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info