Issues with IN-OUT parameters for Array of Objects in EDB using Java

From: cognizant <sudipbajoria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issues with IN-OUT parameters for Array of Objects in EDB using Java
Date: 2012-04-05 14:58:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi

I am having issues with passing IN-OUT Parameters from a function which
returns a array of custom defined objects. I know that the new version(8.X+)
of EDB support nested tables and so was wondering this issue must be faced
by other java developers when trying to use the nested tables. Note I tried
types.Other, Array and STRUCT to register the output nested table object but
didnot work.

*Below is my SQL code*

create or replace
TYPE OT_Ref_Country AS OBJECT (
countryId Integer,
isoFullName Varchar2(256),
doNotUseIndicator Integer
);

create or replace
TYPE NT_Ref_Countries IS TABLE OF OT_Ref_Country;

FUNCTION getCountryList ( ip_countryId IN
Ref_Country.countryid%TYPE,iop_NT_Ref_Countries in out NT_Ref_Countries
) RETURN Number ;

*Java code:*

CallableStatement st = con.prepareCall("{call
pkg_ref_geography_mgr.getCountryList(4,?)}");
st.registerOutParameter(1,Types.OTHER);
st.execute();

Please let me know if any additional details are needed. The version used is
Postgresql 8.4 with Java6

Tks for the help
-Mike