Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults
Date: 2008-03-12 06:19:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I can turn that off and only use DBI->prepare() as a test.  Or heck
> just cut DBI->prepare() out and just quote everything and send them
> through using DBI->do() instead.  That is if you think that could be
> the culprit.

The path of control that's dying cannot be entered at all unless you're
using a prepared statement, so cutting out DBI->prepare should make the
problem go away.

Now personally, I am much more interested in *reproducing* the problem
than merely dodging it.  I can understand if you just need a workaround
yesterday, but please see if you can get a reproducible test case ...