Update with function

From: egbert <egbert(dot)bouwman(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update with function
Date: 2012-03-30 10:58:15
Lists: psycopg
Hello,
I am new to this list, and a fairly unsophisticated user of postgresql
and psycopg.

I try to update one field in all records of a table.
The new value is too complicated for a simple expression, so I thought
about a python function. That function uses another field, recno, from
each record.
My question is: how do I pass that second field to the function.

The relevant parts of my script are now:

define makeyear(nummer):
    # ...
    return value

cur.execute("update books set inyear=%s", (makeyear(recno),))

The error message says that recno is not defined.
egbert
--
Egbert Bouwman
Keizersgracht 197-II

psycopg by date

Next:From: Adrian KlaverDate: 2012-03-30 13:45:35