Re: CREATE FOREGIN TABLE LACUNA

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE FOREGIN TABLE LACUNA
Date: 2012-03-15 14:23:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from David Fetter's message of jue mar 15 02:28:28 -0300 2012:

> > > OK.  Should I first merge CREATE FOREIGN TABLE with CREATE TABLE and
> > > submit that as a separate patch?
> >
> > I don't see any reason to do that.  I merely meant that you could
> > reuse TableLikeClause or maybe even TableElement in the grammer for
> > CreateForeignTableStmt.
>
> Next WIP patch attached implementing this via reusing TableLikeClause
> and refactoring transformTableLikeClause().
>
> What say?

Looks much better to me, but the use of strcmp() doesn't look good.
ISTM that stmtType is mostly used for error messages.  I think you
should add some kind of identifier (such as the original parser Node)
into the CreateStmtContext so that you can do a IsA() test instead -- a
bit more invasive as a patch, but much cleaner.

Also the error messages need more work.