Re: count on transaction ID

From: ddgs <gsmaths(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: count on transaction ID
Date: 2012-03-12 15:46:53
Lists: pgsql-performance
It is just a simple idea syntax, not the exact one.
Anyway, I am wonder how to get the 2^31 transaction IDs to cause the failure
But I get the wraparound error warning when I delete a large no. of rows.
So the wraparound failure is due to what reason, that I still have no idea
(at least not the transaction limit, I guess)

Sent from the PostgreSQL - performance mailing list archive at