Re: Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server

From: Léa Massiot <lmhelp1(at)orange(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server
Date: 2012-02-17 19:31:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
I solved my problem using a sequence of commands like the following:

The problem that now remains is that I've had to stop the other running
postmaster which was listening on port 5432:

After starting "pg_cluster_test", if I try to restart "data", it fails.

I understand why it fails: two different processes can't listen to the same
TCP port.
How can this be avoided? I seems to me it is possible to start both clusters
at the same time under Debian...

Best regards.