Re: saved passwords deleted

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: saved passwords deleted
Date: 2012-02-14 21:03:30
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 16:16 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Le 06/11/2010 22:35, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> > Le 05/11/2010 17:18, Michael Shapiro a écrit :
> >> I noticed that if I have a problem connecting to a server for which I have a
> >> saved password, the entry in pgpass.conf is deleted.
> >> When I later succeed in connecting, the server then prompts for a password
> >> (and the pgpass.conf entry is added back).
> >>
> >> Is it possible to not delete the entry if the connection fails?
> >>

> > Right now, no. And I can't find this dialog now, must be too tired.
> >
> > But, yes, it could probably be a good idea to add such an option.
> >
> I also created a ticket to remind us to work on this dialog.

I tried quite some time to reproduce the issue tonight, and failed to do
so. The only time it removes the password is when I unchecked the "Store
password" checkbox, which appears to be a valid behaviour.

Unless you're able to show me how to do this, I'm afraid we won't do
anything on that matter (because there is nothing to do).