Re: Automatic Failover Hot Standby / Streaming replication

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Wissem <kiwan2005(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic Failover Hot Standby / Streaming replication
Date: 2012-02-13 12:06:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 18:01 +0100, Wissem wrote:

> I am new user of Postgresql, I have successfully set up a Hot
> Standby / Streaming replication on 2 servers running on Redhat Linux 5
> (Postgresql version 9.1).
>
> I need to set up an automatic failover and discovered that there is a
> tool named; pgpool. I have searched a lot on the net and didn't found
> a useful article (step by step) to setup it.

Alternatively, you can use Red Hat Cluster Suite, and create the
trigger_file upon failover, with some minor customization in the cluster
files.

http://www.gunduz.org/download.php?dlid=190

will give you ideas about setting up RHCS with PostgreSQL. I don't have
any doc for triggering failover with RHCS, though. Should be very
simple.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ