Re: postgres 9.0 date aberration in logs

From: Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres 9.0 date aberration in logs
Date: 2012-02-07 20:39:48
Lists: pgsql-admin
Matheus --

>To me seems that it just appended the data to your log. To avoid this set the log_truncate_on_rotation to on, but notice that it will replace the old logs.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we seem to be using this already:

-bash-3.2$ grep  log_truncate_on_rotation  postgresql.conf
log_truncate_on_rotation = on# If on, an existing log file of the

Is it possible that this fails under some conditions ?

We are migrating to 9.1, which unfortunately showed the same issues at almost the same time; no complaints in system logs or restarts of the servers.

Very odd ...

Greg W.