build postgresql problem

From: arokyzxc <arokyzxc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: build postgresql problem
Date: 2012-02-03 04:52:10
Lists: pgsql-admin
  I am new to postgresql, and was trying to install postgresql on redhat
server. since I am not root user, and can not run rpm command, the only way
to install it is by building postgresql from source code. after i download
source code, i did configure command,but it gave me following error message

checking for library containing readline... no
configure: error: readline library not found

so i went to online again, find the readline source code, which locates

after i build readline, i used following command to do configure

./configure --with-libs=/home/user/build/readline/lib/

but it still can't find the readline lib.

what's wrong with it? is there anything i missed? thanks

Sent from the PostgreSQL - admin mailing list archive at

pgsql-admin by date