Re: Fundraising at SCALE report

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Pg Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fundraising at SCALE report
Date: 2012-01-31 19:23:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of mar ene 31 00:21:59 -0300 2012:

> Since the shirts and posters were paid out of SPI funds, rather than
> pg.US, I think it makes sense to donate that money to pg.US.  I'm
> combining it with an earlier $70 raised at an SFPUG meeting using the
> posters.

It seems a bit funny that funds for US activities come from SPI.  Isn't
pg.us the one that receives most donations from American people
nowadays?

I'm troubled because while I can probably ask for funding from SPI for,
say, PGCon travel reimbursement, it's unlikely that I will be able to
request anything from pg.us.