Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9

From: Angus <angusmca(at)btinternet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9
Date: 2012-01-30 09:56:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks Jiff for your reply.

To reassure you, I wasn't browsing as root (I'm not that naive!), but as the
user 'postgres'. CentOS packages installer prompted for root password at
appropriate moment.

As for documentation, there wasn't any that was available as a separate
download to the package. But at your suggestion, I opened the rpm with a
package browser, and found a doc directory within it. I'll take some time
to look through this for further info.

Definitely didn't mix up PgAdmin with PHPAdmin: for certain, the active part
of the package contains only PHP scripts. Sounds like I have the wrong
package - can you point me to the right one? Have struggled to locate it.

Thanks for the help so far.