Re: generating deployment pkge from source

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Andy Halsall <halsall_andy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "postgresql (dot)org novice list" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: generating deployment pkge from source
Date: 2012-01-25 12:57:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 12:41 +0000, Andy Halsall wrote:
> Is simply packaging /usr/local/pqsql (or alternative) reasonable?

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.1/postgresql/EL-6/README.rpm-dist

For Fedora/Red Hat RPMs, we put the data under /var/lib/pgsql, and IIRC
SuSE RPMs also use that directory. Also, RPMs should honor LFH (Linux
Filesystem Hierarchy), and not to pub the binaries
under /usr/local/pgsql/bin.

> If source RPM is the way to go, where can I find a source RPM?

The RPMs that you downloaded are probably for Red Hat, and cannot be
rebuilt on SuSE. AFAIK http://software.opensuse.org/ should have RPMs
and even SRPMs for SLES and such.

Regards,
--