Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alex Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-19 19:04:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alex Shulgin's message of jue ene 19 15:41:54 -0300 2012:

> PS: yes, I could just copy message id from the sent mail in my MUA, but
> I like to make sure links I post aren't broke, so still I'll need to
> wait until archives catches up to double check.

I find this a bad excuse.  If you're a pgsql-hackers regular, then you
already know your posts are going to show up with the correct
message-id.  The links might be broken for the next 10 minutes, but
links that stay broken for a longer period than that should be rare.
Surely you don't change your MUA once a month or anything.

I know I don't waste time waiting for my posts to show up in the
archives before adding links to the CF app.