Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-16 22:40:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of lun ene 16 19:25:50 -0300 2012:
> On 01/16/2012 03:48 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > I'll also point out that the process for *applying* a patch, if you
> > don't subscribe to hackers and keep archives around on your personal
> > machine for months, is also very cumbersome and error-prone.  Copy and
> > paste from a web page?  Really?
>
> The most reasonable answer to this is for people to publish a git repo
> URL in addition to the "official" submission of changes to the list in
> patch form.

It's expected that we'll get a more reasonable interface to attachments,
one that will allow you to download patches separately.  (Currently,
attachments that have mime types other than text/plain are already
downloadable separately).