Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Nikhil Sontakke <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
Date: 2012-01-16 22:30:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Nikhil Sontakke's message of vie dic 23 01:02:10 -0300 2011:

> I have also tried to change the error message as per Alvaro's suggestions.
> I will really try to see if we have other issues. Really cannot have Robert
> reporting all the bugs and getting annoyed, but there are lotsa variations
> possible with inheritance..

BTW thank you for doing the work on this.  Probably the reason no one
bothers too much with inheritance is that even something that's
seemingly simple such as what you tried to do here has all these little
details that's hard to get right.