Re: PG documentation build is wedged

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG documentation build is wedged
Date: 2011-11-24 20:16:07
Lists: pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of jue nov 24 14:44:18 -0300 2011:

> You need to change the config of this animal to something like:
>
>      optional_steps => { build_docs => { branches => [ 'HEAD' ],
> min_hours_since => 0 } },
>

> There's no point in not building the docs for HEAD on every build, since
> "make dist" in the new module will build them if they're not built
> anyway, but in such a way that they're not so readily usable, whereas
> this way you can copy them out easily.

FWIW while updating this config I noticed that we have --with-ldap on
HEAD and 8.2, but not the other branches; and --with-xml only in HEAD
and 8.3 but not the other branches.  I assume this is from the stock
config file (snippets below).

It seems to me that the BF stuff should have some operator to specify
"any branch newer than X".

# ldap support is new as of 8.2
if ($branch eq 'HEAD' || $branch ge 'REL8_2')
{
        # msvc can set it up separately - see above

        push(@{$conf{config_opts}},"--with-ldap")
                unless $conf{using_msvc};
}

# libxml/libxslt support as of 8.3
if ($branch eq 'HEAD' || $branch ge 'REL8_3')
{
        # msvc can set it up separately - see above

        push(@{$conf{config_opts}},"--with-libxml", "--with-libxslt")
                unless $conf{using_msvc};
}