Re: BUG #6275: Horrible performance regression

From: Finlay Thompson <finlay(at)dragonfly(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6275: Horrible performance regression
Date: 2011-11-02 03:54:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Mark

Thanks for your suggestions (and Robert and Guillaume). I will try the
overcommit_memory=2 idea out in a couple of weeks. At the moment I am
running everything on 8.4.8, which is working great, and have pressing
deadlines looming (next Wednesday).

I'll let you know when I do. I want to find a test case that exhibits a
real postgresql bug, or informs me as to what I have done wrong.

Regards,
Finaly

--
Finlay Thompson