Re: Constraint sql in sql pane

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Rick Dicaire <kritek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Constraint sql in sql pane
Date: 2011-10-10 08:40:34
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 18:08 -0400, Rick Dicaire wrote:
> Hi folks, new to the list.
> After searching the archives, I found nothing regarding the following.
>
> When selecting a constraint I've configured on a table in the object
> browser, the sql that creates the constraint is displayed in the sql
> pane.
> Where is this sql statement pulled from?

We use the contraint metadata in PostgreSQL catalogs to create it. It's
not stored as-is in any PostgreSQL catalogs.

> Also, while it seems I can highlight contents of the sql pane, I
> cannot copy it. I've tried pasting
> into a terminal, and gedit, and what I get is the previous copy done
> before copying from sql pane.
> I've tried highlighting, then pasting, highlighting, left mouse,
> select copy, then pasting, both fail to paste whats supposed to have
> been copied.
> I'm doing this in Fedora 14, pgadmin3 versions 1.12.2 and 1.14.0,
> using Gnome 2.32.0.

I have no issue with this. I select the part of the SQL that I want to
copy, right click, choose Copy. And then I can paste anywhere.

I tried on pgadmin 1.14 (fedora 15, gnome 3.0).

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info