Re: pgadmin3 crash report

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: r d <rd0002(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 crash report
Date: 2011-09-26 19:22:07
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 12:02 +0200, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > The adminpack should only work if you use the logging_collector and the
> > default values for log_directory and log_filename. One of these is
> > probably wrongly configured.
>
> the logging collector is off by default, yet the log is being collected.

I may be wrong there. I'll have to check when I find some time to work
on it... sigh...

> this is on ubuntu server lucid (10.04, the current LTS version).
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to run
>   show logging_collector
> upon installing the adminpack, and raise a warning notice if it is 'off'.
>
> too bad you can only use this feature with the logging_collector. I
> won't change the logging now that i am content with it (apart from
> reading it in pgAdmin), I think that many ubuntu users will feel the
> same.

Well, I can't complain. There are many things I would like to see
happening on the log files, but it sure won't be easy to fix.

> Also, pgAdmin crashes (no, stalls) on the deafult ubuntu server
> configuration with the adminpack installed, unless you make the
> symlink (which was an educated guess). I think that that should at
> least be fixed.

I guess so. But we'll have to wait till I find time to install ubuntu on
a VM, and debug from it. Unless someone beats me to it.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info