Re: PostgreSQL on Amazon EC2/EBS

From: J <archjpres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on Amazon EC2/EBS
Date: 2011-08-20 17:15:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
How was this resolved?

We are using a 3 tier approach with a load balancer, apache web server, and
postgresql database.

We would like to connect our Drupal site running on the apache webserver
with the Postgres database server.

We are unsure the best and most secure way to configure hba.conf to accept
connections from the apache webserver when the IP addresses of the webserver
tend to change.

Since we are using Scalr.net there are some interesting ways to specific the
instances as seen here
http://wiki.scalr.net/Tutorials/Connecting_to_the_database

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Furthermore does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to connect
Drupal to Postgresql with an external server?  http://drupal.org/node/26836