PowerReviews is the leading provider of social commerce software-as-a-service
solutions to global retailers and brands.
We are an innovative social media company committed to making software for
consumers to rate products purchased on E-commerce websites.
The company's unique structured data approach to collecting, organizing, and
analyzing user-generated content significantly boosts product sales and
We’ve got the Power:
* PowerReviews is live on over 4,700 websites - across 13 languages in 21
countries - including Staples, Drugstore.com, Room & Board, ESPN,
Neutrogena, Quicksilver, and Jockey.
* Recognized as the customer reviews Solution Leader in the Internet
Retailer Top 500 survey, PowerReviews has received venture capital backing
from Four Rivers Group, Woodside Fund, Menlo Ventures and Tenaya
* PowerReviews has received two patents since 2009 from the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 7,930,363) relating to the method in
which it delivers user-generated product reviews to websites globally.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to manage multiple development and
production databases. This position requires regular on-site interaction with
the engineering and operations teams in our San Francisco office. The DBA
reports to the Database Architect and supports our Postgresql environment.
However, don’t worry if you don’t have much experience with Postgresql. If
other requirements are met, this position will be a great opportunity to
acquire solid Postgresql experience.
* Release process - schema change management, prepare release-specific
checklists and scripts
* Availability - maximize uptime, implement and maintain proper safeguards
for backup, replication, and recovery
* Security - define and implement user privileges and access controls to
* Automation - develop scripts to automate routine database related
operations, maintain systems configuration for DB systems using Puppet
* Development Support - help engineers and business analysts adopt
database best practices, review database change requests and provide
* Emergency response - Participate in oncall rotation
* 1 to 3 years experience managing production relational databases in 24x7
* Experience with writing SQL queries and performance optimization
* Familiarity with database best practices, principles of database
replication, backup, scalability and high availability
* Understanding of basic database fundamentals: multi-version control,
concurrency, transactions, indexing, locking, caching
* Understanding of Unix environment, and shell scripting experience
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.Nice to Have
* Experience with Postgresql is desired, but Oracle or MySQL experience
will work, too
* Experience in using one or more monitoring solutions (Zenoss, Nagios,
* Experience in Ruby or other scripting language like Perl or Python.
In response to
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Arul Shaji||Date: 2011-08-23 02:25:22|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Consultant needed in Sydney, Australia|
|Previous:||From: Mark Apton||Date: 2011-08-18 21:55:03|
|Subject: Postgres Internals Architect, FTE, in San Jose, CA;|