Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs
Date: 2011-08-08 22:30:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 15:09 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> >> >

> >> Fine with me. That should be simpler to do.

> >> I thought of something similar, but this is OK with me.
> >>
> >> I expect it to be quite a big patch. Should I work on 1.14 or master?
> >> this is surely a bug, so 1.14 should be OK. But I'm afraid this is too
> >> much changes to code it on a beta release. Any strong opinion on this
> >> matter?
> >>

> > And another question. Let's say I open a table properties' dialog, and I
> > try to refresh the whole database. Should it refresh everything except
> > this table, or nothing and complains about properties' dialogs being
> > open, preventing the object to be refreshed?
>
> Nothing. "There are properties dialogues open for one or more objects
> that would be refreshed. Please close the properties dialogues and try
> again."

Just a quick update. Still working on it, and I have good results so
far. I'm now able to prevent refresh and drop (refresh for all objects,
drop for schemas only) if an object's properties dialog is open.

Patch attached. Obviously WIP. Not so obvious, it's dirty code (some
wxLogError, not really efficient code, etc). But comments very welcome.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Attachment Content-Type Size