Re: Patch to add support for security labels on local objects

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to add support for security labels on local objects
Date: 2011-07-24 19:23:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 17:40 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 10:58 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch adds support to a PostgreSQL 9.1 feature called security
> > labels. It adds a new tab to tables, columns, aggregates, domains,
> > foreign tables, functions, languages, sequences, types, and views
> > dialogs, that allows one to add security label for each provider they
> > want. I suppose most users will have only one provider, but the patch
> > supports multi providers.
> >
> > Note that this does not support a recent 9.2 feature of PostgreSQL that
> > adds security labels to global objects. This will be part of another
> > patch.
> >

> Because of the latest push I did, it won't apply cleanly. There is one
> small issue which will be easy to fix.

While working on it, I thought I would better look at the same time at
supporting security labels for global/shared objects. So, here are two
patches. The first one is a revised version of the previous patch. It
fixes the apply issue, and it deals better with connections. The second
one supports security labels for global objects.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Support-for-security-labels-on-local-objects.patch text/x-patch 0 bytes