Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixing issues between objects and properties dialogs
Date: 2011-07-24 13:23:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 14:11 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 12:58 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > The former fix seems more appropriate. Operations in frmMain shouldn't
> > cause dialogues to close.
> >

> Fine with me. That should be simpler to do.
>
> > Simple fix seems to be to store a pointer to the dialog in pgObject;
> > if not null, disallow drop, or if trying to view properties, use the
> > pointer to raise the existing dialogue. Clear the pointer when the
> > dialog is closed.
> >

> I thought of something similar, but this is OK with me.
>
> I expect it to be quite a big patch. Should I work on 1.14 or master?
> this is surely a bug, so 1.14 should be OK. But I'm afraid this is too
> much changes to code it on a beta release. Any strong opinion on this
> matter?

And another question. Let's say I open a table properties' dialog, and I
try to refresh the whole database. Should it refresh everything except
this table, or nothing and complains about properties' dialogs being
open, preventing the object to be refreshed?

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info