Re: pgAdmin III 3-1.14.0-beta3 crash

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Bogdan Timofte <bogdan(at)xdev(dot)ro>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III 3-1.14.0-beta3 crash
Date: 2011-07-24 11:23:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 12:32 +0300, Bogdan Timofte wrote:
> Hello,
> Pgadmin3 crashes after the object browser is refreshed in certain
> circumstances
>
> How to reproduce:
> pgAdmin III Version: 1.14.0-beta3 3
> Operating System: Linux / Windows
> Step 1: Right click on a stored function in Object Browser, then properties
> Step 2: Right click "Functions" in Object Browser, then refresh
> Step 3: Click on the "Code" and change something.
> Step 4: Click Apply

Yes, this is a known bug. Refreshing an object or a parent of this
object should not be done when the properties dialog of this object is
open. Just like you shouldn't drop an object while its properties dialog
is open and then change its properties. Sure crash.

Noone's been bothered enough with this to actually work on fixing it.

Guess I should do something about it. Will start a thread on the hackers
list to find a good way to fix it.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info