How frequently to defrag(cluster)

From: A J <s5aly(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PG Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How frequently to defrag(cluster)
Date: 2011-07-20 19:58:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

I understand that 'cluster' performs the role of defrag (along with rewriting in index order) in Postgres.
How frequently does one have to run cluster ? Any thumb-rules  or experience ? How do I find if my table is fragmented enough to need a cluster ?
We are still to use Postgres in production, just evaluating at this point.

Thanks for any pointers.