Re: Patchless postgres 8.x on AIX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Seneca Cunningham <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: dba(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, Mark Gibson <gibsonm(at)cromwell(dot)co(dot)uk>, stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc
Subject: Re: Patchless postgres 8.x on AIX
Date: 2005-11-16 23:28:25
Lists: pgsql-ports
Seneca Cunningham <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info> writes:
> What is happening with postgres certainly appears to be related to the
> linker; in dynahash.c, the keycopy functions that work with no new
> linker flags (strncpy, memmove worked as a memcpy replacement) are all
> exported by libreadline.a, while the segfaulting/infinite-looping memcpy
> is not.

libreadline exports these??  I'd say you have a seriously braindead copy
of libreadline ... can you recompile a fresh copy off the net?

The inet failures look like there is consistently no support for IPv6.
I wonder if the linker is somehow replacing our own inet-parsing
subroutines with a non-IPv6-aware set.  It's conceivable that there
could be a name collision with subroutines from an old version of
libbind.