Re: Prevent duplicate attributes

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prevent duplicate attributes
Date: 2011-07-18 20:55:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 21:06 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 14 July 2011 10:31, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> > On 14 July 2011 10:24, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> >> So, you're working on fixing it, right?
> >
> > Possibly ;)  : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/329
> >
> > I haven't had time to look at fixing various bugs over the last couple
> > days but I'll get to them shortly.
>
> Apologies for the delay but I've now had a moment to look at it.

No apologies needed :)

>   The
> attached patch removes the duplicate restriction from OnMemberAdd to
> OnChangeMember, and also disabled the Add button by default.  This is
> because it's enabled on loading the form which doesn't get disabled
> again until you start editing the attribute name field, meaning you
> can click Add without having provided any attribute details.

I'm wondering why you didn't take care of the Change button too. I mean,
it's so easy now that you've the code working for the Add button that I
kind of feel I'm missing something obvious which would explain why you
didn't do it. Any particular reason other than "I forgot it"? :)

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info