Re: Importing the dump file in postgresql-7.4.23

From: saravanan <saravanan(dot)kcse(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing the dump file in postgresql-7.4.23
Date: 2011-07-15 07:11:48
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I tried to troubleshoot the errors while importing dumps in PostgreSQL -
8.0.0 version. But still i'm getting some permission level errors. Before
importing the dumps, i used to install some functions like
ltree,tsearch2,pgcrypto from directory
/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.0/contrib. So that i can avoid some errors.

Here is the first which i got

*ERROR: Permission denied for schema web* this error occurs while creating
table. Based on this error, i'm getting more errors.
Here is the command i used to import psql -e template1 < sdcvb.dump.

I'm moving dumps from one version to another version. How can i solve this
error?

can anyone help me to crack this error?

Note: i have dump file only. i can't take another dump from db.