Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID
Date: 2011-07-12 13:54:34
Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mar jul 12 09:34:56 -0400 2011:

> > Agreed.  On one level I like the sponsor message, but on the other
> > having "Sponsored by RedHat" on every Tom Lane item will get tiring.
> > ;-)
> >
> > Can we add text if the employer is _not_ the feature sponsor?
>
> That would be quite unfair to those who *do* employ committers....
> Basically you'd get credit only if you didn't employ a committer.

Well, that has worked well for my case -- I haven't ever credited my
employer, only those that have specifically hired us for a particular
patch.  My employer gets a lot of "credit" in the form of email
signatures, like the one below ;-)

But I see your point and I will stick to whatever policy we come up with
(assuming we come up with one).

> This all becomes much easier if we keep the ads out of the commit
> messages, and stick to the technical side there. And find another
> venue for the other credit.

I'm open to ideas.