statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb

From: mona attariyan <mona_attarian(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb
Date: 2011-07-01 07:28:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,I statically compiled my postgres and I got the following message when I ran initdb:
creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so": /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so: undefined symbol: pg_ascii2micSTATEMENT:  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ascii_to_mic (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING, INTERNAL, INTEGER) RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/ascii_and_mic', 'ascii_to_mic' LANGUAGE C STRICT;
There was a discussion about this in the archive, but there wasn't any fix for it. I have to compile postgres statically for the project I'm doing. Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?
Thanks--Mona