Re: Inheritence issue scheme advice?

From: Casey Havenor <casey(at)myzip2it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inheritence issue scheme advice?
Date: 2011-06-30 23:15:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok - loaded up Linux - fun stuff.
Figured out how to get the code PostgreSQL version 9.0.4 - Have that in a
directory.
Got the patch from above...
Placed into same directory.

Loaded the dependents for the final compile and install with .configure.

BUT

When I run the patch I'm getting some Hunk fails? Is this because I'm not
using the same version that the author intended the patch for?

From the output it looks to be going through the files properly but just no
able to inset the new code?

I've tried ignoring white space and even tried a force - of course I backed
everything up prior to this. :)

Do you happen to know what version will work with this? Do - I need to get
the tree via git? Or can I download the .gz extract the code - add the
patched code - then recompile - and install?

Thanks!

-----
Warmest regards,

Casey Havenor