Re: Patch file questions?

From: Casey Havenor <casey(at)myzip2it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch file questions?
Date: 2011-06-29 21:18:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Googled patch utility - not sure of which one to get as none I found use the
.patch extensions?

So is this the workflow...
- Get patch
- Get patch utility - Not sure which one - Any recommendations for Win7,
Mac, Linux?
- Apply patch to installer for PostgreSQL or after PostgreSQL is installed?
- Recompile?
- Reinstall?
- Re-import existing database structure?  --- If I apply this patch - I've
already got a schema built for my database does that mean I'll lose it or
have to import it in?

Never done this have lots of questions...

Thanks again.

Warmest regards,

Casey Havenor
Sent from the PostgreSQL - hackers mailing list archive at